Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I swear I tried to resist

Here I am, writing a blog entry at my internship. The internship is actually going pretty well, but over the last 2 days they haven't been giving me much work to do and I go over and inquire if there's anything I can do with the people in my department so often that if they had something for me they'd shout or at least "put up the bat signal" as one of the project managers joked. So, in lieu of having no tasks at hand I have spend a lot of the day surfing the web (so much that I don't want to be anywhere near a computer when I get home) and concepting/writing headlines and taglines for a possible project in my book. Hopefully they'll throw me to the wolves again next week because I'd much rather be busy all day and feeling like I'm doing a good job than sitting around not doing anything and feeling guilty. With all that lack of work I haven't even gotten in a game of horse on the job in about a week. At least there was free pizza today...

Oh yeah, about my previous post, I got an apology from the one friend who I would've expected to make one. That's cool I guess but he still doesn't have the balls to speak up on things when in the company of certain people.

So with all the time I've had to think over the past few days I've been thinking about my business idea a lot and gotten really excited about it. It just seems like having the money and the right time to do it has been really elusive. I should really get on the planning part now and see if I can get the ball rolling once the internship is done. I feel like I'm going to get caught in a conundrum between getting a job offer with solid pay and benefits and trying to start this business that could take a while to get going and will leave me with nada on the health coverage. If only I had some rich uncle to borrow money from.

On the music tip, I noticed that the dude from American Idol has the #1 album on iTunes today. That is sad. I'd like to know the true demographic of iTunes purchasers because I get the feeling that it's a lot of junior high and high school kids that get that iTunes "allowance" from their parents. Com'on kids, don't waste it on Bo Bice! A band I got into just recently and am REALLY liking is The Redwalls. They have a sound that's very reminiscent of The Beatles, which of course I dig. Their album comes out in a week or two I think but that's added to a long list of albums that I need to get (half of which I'll probably never get around to).

I suppose I could end this now. At least maybe I've been looking busy typing.

One week 'til Summerfest!

- Eric

CURRENT LISTENING: The Redwalls and a good mix of summeresque music (Jack Johnson, Limbeck, Matt Pond PA, Phoenix, etc.)

No comments: