Monday, June 27, 2005

New name, zero improvements!!!

It's great!

So you may have noticed something changed around here. As I started to post tonight, I decided the blog was due for a name change. Though the last one was fun, it wasn't really a very fitting name and it sounded like the title of a bad emo song. This one is short and sweet and though lacking creativity it summarizes most of what I post about these days in a nutshell. So there you go.

I've been sitting around tonight watching NBA draft coverage and mostly just relaxing. I gotta tell ya it feels great. For someone who recently graduated I actually don't get a lot of time to just lay on the couch and do nothing when I work a full-time internship and another 15 hours per week on top of it. As much as I could care less about watching the NBA these days, I'm always interested in the NBA draft for some reason. To some people it's the most boring three hours of t.v. they could watch but I can get into it. There's something exciting about watching the top prospects get picked and see where guys land if you do a mock draft. It's even better when your team has a top pick. This year, the Bucks pick #1 and the T-Wolves actually have a pick, #14. It seems a given that the Bucks are going to take Center Andrew Bogut from Utah, which I think is great. He's a kid with good size and athleticism, great experience at a high level of play, and he seems to have some good character. It will definitely be interesting to see who Minnesota takes. They need help at a few positions so it's basically going to come down to whoever is left when they pick. I'd love to see Sean May fall into their lap.

While I haven't posted much about it here yet, my anticipation is mounting for the annual trip to Summerfest. In case you haven't heard of it, Summerfest is a 9-day music festival featuring all different types of music and entertainment (from hip-hop artist Talib Kweli to obscure Wisconsin polka bands) and A LOT of beer drinking (What else do you expect from Wisconsin?). I'm going out there Friday night with a few friends and we'll probably try to sneak a spot on the knoll for Tom Petty and The Black Crowes in the Ampitheatre and then Phantom Planet on one of the general admission stages to finish the night. Aaaah Milwaukee...always a good time.

This whole being-graduated thing is providing me a lot more opportunities to write here. That does absolutely nothing to make up for having to wake up at 7:00am five days a week.

See y'all later.

CURRENT LISTENING: Coldplay - X & Y
LAST MOVIE SEEN: Batman Begins
CURRENT READING: Do magazines count?

No comments: