Wednesday, November 17, 2004

No wakeup calls to the roommate from Darth Vader

In a great example of unconvential marketing genius, Target is promoting it's two-day post Thanksgiving sale (Nov. 26 & 27 of course) by letting shoppers sign up for a wake up call from an array of personalities both recognizable and fabricated including Darth Vader, Cheech, Heidi Klum, and a rooster named Dennis. Now, one could guess that my initial reaction was to sign up some friends for a nice 5:30 am wake up call from Lord Vader himself. But of course, Target and Mother, the ad agency brains behind the campaign, had thought of this possibility already. So when I sign up I come to learn that I have to call a 1-800 number to confirm my wake up call within the next two days. Which brings us to the present...Operation: Steal roommate's cell phone.

Wakeup call


Go here to view the site: http://www.target.com/wakeup

The story of the day in my life is my Psychology of Advertising midterm (yes, VERY EXCITING). The issue I have - and I don't know if it's one of trickery, stupidity, or just plain oversight on the part of the prof - is that in the review session on Friday the TA spent all the time going over stuff on information processing and learning theories and told us that was going to be the bulk of the test material. So, of course I spend most of my time reviewing this info only for the actual test to be comprised of exactly what we weren't told to study. Not cool.

CURRENT LISTENING: The Academy Is... - Seasons

No comments: