Thursday, August 18, 2005

Chardonnay + Peanuts

This is what the girlfriend and I had while watching Kung-Fu Hustle last night. Definitely not a conventional combination but it turned out to be "pretty dece" as one of my friends would put it. I'll still take an ice-cold beer with my peanuts in a second though. That said, I don't think I'm the type of guy who can ever be a wine conisseur. It's enough for me to get into the different styles and flavors of micro and import beer offerings that I don't think I have a place for wine. Whine doesn't go too well with my love for football either...

Oh yeah, back to the movie. Kung-Fu Hustle was incredibly entertaining. It had the right mix of zany comedy, unique characters, a well-written plot, and of course, crazy special effects-enhanced kung-fu fight scenes. Definitely a two thumbs up.

I'm going to see Big Boi (of Outkast) at First Ave tonight. Not counting Atmosphere, this will be only the fourth hip-hop show I've been to. Would be nice to catch the full duo but I'm sure seeing one half of the Stankonia emcees will still be highly entertaining.

On the music tip, I recently signed up for this service called LastFM. You download this plug-in for iTunes and it tracks the music you listen to and creates charts of the artists and songs you listen to most as well as your most recently played tracks. The whole point of it is, it connects you to other listeners based on your played results and gives you the opportunity to see what other bands people with a similar taste are listening to. It's a pretty cool tool. I haven't listened to enough stuff to create any "neighbors" (people who listen to similar music) yet, but for someone who loves checking out new bands I think this will be pretty awesome service/community tool to use.

Starting Sunday I'll be in Fargo for a few days working for Red Bull. I haven't ever been there and while I don't presume that it will be a very exciting place, I always enjoy visits to new and unfamiliar territory. If anyone knows any quirky, tourist-y things that we should stop and check out or has good bar recommendations (hey, we don't work all day) please post them in the comments.

I think I'll end his one here. One random thought: the NFL preseason is probably the longest 5 weeks of the year (at least since I stopped believing in Santa).

Peace.

CURRENT LISTENING: Days Away - God and Mars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

^^^You're a moron