Monday, January 23, 2006

It was a good Monday


I'm someone who hates Mondays. It's something that was preingrained long before I started the 40 hour week, but that certainly hasn't helped things. That said, today turned out to be a pretty good Monday. Nothing special, but it felt "alright" for a Monday. Maybe it was the solid night of sleep I got last night. Or it could've been the fact that I had some things to jump on right away at work and was steadily busy the entire day. It could've even been my comfort in knowing that I won't have to see Jake Plummer play in a Super Bowl. Who knows, but I hope a few of you out there had a good start to the week too.

I'm not going to post much today, but here's a few stories worth reading:
- The New York Times reports that Dub-ya is going to start taking unscripted audience questions during his appearance. We'll see how long that lasts.
- Kobe Bryant dropped 81 points! on the Raptors last night. I say he's a ballhog. I'm only half-kidding.
- Long time coming film "Little Miss Sunshine" starring Greg Kinnear and Steve Carrell finally makes its debut at the Sundance Film Festival.
- The Minnesota Golden Gophers men's basketball team SUCKS (No link necessary).


Finally, if you're as much of a fan of Conan O'Brien as I am you'll thoroughly enjoy reading this transcript of his Commencement Speech to the Harvard Class of 2000. Nothing short of awesomeness.

Only two hours until 24!!!

CURRENT LISTENING: Cat Power's "The Greatest" and The Flaming Lips' new single, "The W.A.N.D."

No comments: