Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Feelin' the music

I haven't written about music in a while and with the variety I've been rotating lately, I figured it was a good time. I've always felt like people listen to music for two different reasons: because of melodic enjoyment (the way it moves your body) and because of a lyrical message that resonates with them. Some people seem more geared towards one or the other, but I pretty much fall in between, favoring each type based on my mood and the setting. Here's some of the new music that I've been into lately and my reasons for "feelin' it."

For the former:
Wolfmother - Love Train
Jamie Lidell - Multiply (dope blue-eyed soul!)
The Roots - Doesn't Seem Right
Secret Machines - Lightning Blue Eyes (Saw them perform it Live @ First Ave - AWESOME)
Snow Patrol - Hands Open

The latter:
Mason Jennings - Be Here Now
The Raconteurs - Together
Rogue Wave - Eyes
Drive By Truckers - Dress Blues (Live on The Current)

Download those songs and you've got a start to a pretty hot mix. For more goodies, check out this live recording of Bloc Party's set at the recent Coachella Valley Music Festival.

No comments: