Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I can smell the summer

It's getting gorgeous outside and that's enough to make many-a-Minnesotan happy. The season for hangin' out by the lake, pickup basketball games and scent of sweet bar-b-ques is right around the corner. I'm lovin' it.

Speaking of lovin' it, I had a blast watching the NFL draft and enjoying some cold lager in the company of good people over the weekend. The University of Minnesota Spring Jam was once again spoiled by rain but I wasn't really participating anyway, being a graduate and all. I won't get into it much but I was very satisfied with the Packers draft and it looks like I wasn't alone as they pretty much received high grades across the board from national sports reporters. While draft grading is pretty worthless since you don't know how good prospects will be in the NFL until they've actually played a few seasons, it's hard not to get excited by Green Bay's 2006 draft class. Spearheaded by the animal that is Ohio State Linebacker A.J. Hawk, the Packers rookies look like the core of a team headed in a new direction: intelligent, athletic, hard-working, tough and most of all, REAL football players.

I'm gonna leave it there for now. Here's my Top 5 for May:

1. Cinco de Mayo
2. Developing a blog for my employer
3. Border Battle
4. Lake Calhoun
5. Gnarls Barkley

CURRENT LISTENING: The Vines - Take Me Back

No comments: